- Give naloxone as soon as possible, but do not neglect standard resuscitative measures.
- Cardiac arrest in opioid overdose could be due to true cardiac arrest OR severe respiratory depression with weak pulse
Cardiac arrest in pregnancy
- High quality CPR + aorto-caval compression relief
– Manual left uterine displacement to relieve aorto-caval compression.
– Due to incompatibility to high quality CPR, left lateral tilt to relieve compression has been removed from guideline.
– Previously left lateral tilt is used if manual left uterine displacement fails (2010 guideline).
- If there is no ROSC after 4 minutes, PMCD (perimortem cesarean delivery) should be considered. PMCD provides the chance to resuscitate the fetus and to relieve aorto-caval compression separately.